Friday, June 11, 2010

Altered PTI tote bag

A few weeks ago I placed an order with PTI and with the stamps and paper, I ordered one of their tote bags. Knowing that I am a tote bag fanatic and that I am a quilter, I just couldn't leave that tote bag the way that it was!

So I began the search for a coordinating fabric. My stash would yield nothing that matched that pink. It is a difficult color to coordinate with. So off to the store. Lots and lots of pinks...nothing matching. Then I started on other colors that have pink in it and found a really cute brown/hot pink/pink/white print which even fits with the Papertrey style.

Now this was not the most economical project! The bag was just $2. Add $4.50 for fabric, $2 for piping, and 5 hours of my time...but the results are great!
So, what do you think?

6 comments:

Michelle Forrest said...

OMGosh! I love it!

Susan Raihala said...

How completely creative of you! I never would have thought to alter a tote bag (I collect them, too) but then, I'm sewing-challenged.

Angy said...

OH MY GRAVY! I love this! Now you have me thinking about making one too. I haven't used my tote yet because pink just isn't my color. However, pink mixed with another color will be perfect! And quilted to boot! Amazing.

Tee said...

Super tote..

Thanks for leaving me a sweet note!

Pam S said...

This is so awesome!!!! I love it!

Emily Keaton said...

Hey, Diane!! I just added myself to your Followers. Yours is a lovely blog!! I just love the PTI tote bag that you altered. I'm addicted to tote bags, too, and love making my own. I'm certainly not a quilter but I do love to sew. Your PTI bag is a work of beauty and art. :)