Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A "flocked" tree!

Years ago, when my hubby first started working at the nursery where he has worked for almost 40 years now, they would do flocked pine trees for Christmas.  They came in white flock...and...are you sitting down?...pink flock and blue flock.  They even set them up with rotating strobe lights.  If you remember those days, then you're as old as me!

But I have to admit that the white ones were okay.

Now, I wasn't thinking of them when I designed this card...I just thought of them now, when I was getting ready to do this post. 

I like using white on a color, and I thought I'd try a white diecut on a color this time.  And this is for the Bling Girls...


This was fun to make.  This is the 3rd or 4th time to use this die, and this time I wanted to see if embossing the tree in the green paper helped for placement.  It does.  But the embossing needs to be done very lightly or the paper creases.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Ivory, Green
Designer Paper: Making Memories Twinkle
Die: Impression Obsession Merry Tree
Accessories: Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Star Punch, Iridescent Embossing powder.

No comments: